The audit committee is composed and carries out the tasks that are entrusted to it in accordance with Article 7:99 of the Belgian Company Code and Associations and assists the board of directors in fulfilling its oversight role of the internal and external audit in the broad sense of the term.
The audit committee consits of 3 members:
The duties of the audit committee also include:
- assisting the Board of Directors in its supervisory responsibilities, particularly with regard to providing information to shareholders and third parties;
- monitoring of the financial reporting process, particularly of the quarterly, half-yearly and annual results and annual statutory accounts;
- monitoring of the legal control of the annual statutory accounts and the consolidated financial statements;
- monitoring the effectiveness of the systems for internal control and risk management of the company;
- monitoring the internal audit and its effectiveness;
- assessing and monitoring the independence of the auditor, and approving the remuneration of this auditor, with particular reference to the provision of additional services to the sicafi;
- analysing the observations made by the auditor, and, where necessary, making recommendations to the Board of Directors;
- ensuring that all legislation relating to any conflict of interest is strictly applied.